Check out the build with Upshiftonline.com
Honda CRF450RX — Off-road trail ready
By Jay Clark
- This bike is Honda’s answer to KTM’s popular XC and Yamaha’s FX models. Honda has mainly gone after the full trail guys with the X models but this RX model is very close to their R motocross model. It comes with an 18” rear wheel, E start, and larger fuel tank. For this build we tried to keep it a bit simple since the bike is very good in stock form.
- For the motor we went with the Vertex High Compression Piston, a FMF slip on system with our stock header, a new HINSON BTL Slipper style clutch.
- The mapping is also improved by Tokyo Mods with the stock ECU.
- Factory Connection worked to help out the suspension as the RX comes stock a bit softer than the R model.
- IMS Large tank and Cycra wrap around hand guards are for full on off-road mode.
- TM Designs has the Chain block protection
- Supersprox Stealth Sprocket for long durability
- Dunlop AT81 off road trail tires
- Tusk wheels with oversized front rotor
- Works Connection radiator guards and extra pieces
- For bodywork we used Cycra, Decal works, and Motoseat with their great pieces.
Highlights of the build
- FMF Slip on stock Header
- Tokyo Mods mapped the stock ECU
- High Compression Vertex Piston
- Removed back fire screen